Re: pineal gland notes

According to John Alroy:

> (some zapped) - as Stan Friesen just said in a
> post today, large body size (not to mention low standing diversity;
> mega-dinosaurs were always a minor, minor group in terms of taxonomic
> diversity) is all the "explanation" we need.

So why would larger animals be more at risk? Higher food needs? The
diversity I understand, but a food chain breakdown would effect big and
small creatures. I think specialization is the main answer here, not size.

Sherry Michael                         "The scientific point of view is
Philadelphia Academy of                 that every phenomenon is in
Natural Sciences                        nature and part of it"
Dino Docent/teacher                                   -Albert Kroeber