Re: epanterias et al

>>>and a theropod? from India said to be up to 50% larger than Tyrannosaurus.

>>   If this is what I think you are referring to (I forget the name, if it has
>> one), it is thought to be an ornithomimosaur (!), not a theropod.

>The latest information (found in The Dinosaur Report Winter 1994 issue) is
>that this dinosaur is figured from a theropod hip and sauropod limb bones.
>The quality of Indian material is not very good.  The theropod is probably
>a abelisaur similar to Carnotaurus.
>--John Schneiderman <dino@cwis.unomaha.edu>

  Are you saying that the size estimate of this animal came from some kind of
chimera created by confusing the remains of two different genera? If so, does
sorting out the abelisaur remains indicate that this species is still larger
(by mass) than the mighty rex? What confidence do you have that this thing is
a theropod? How (in)complete are the remains?

Scott Horton
Geophysicist/Computer Programmer