new dinosaurs

>Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 15:18:39 -0400
>Sender: dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu
>From: John Erick Schneiderman <dino@cwis.unomaha.edu>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu>
>Subject: new dinosaurs
>
>I have seen a few new dinosaurs being reported on via E-mail.
>
>So far: Argentinosaurus
>        Pelecanimimus
>        Timimus
>        Sinraptor
>        Utahraptor
>        Cryolophosaurus
>
>If there are any other dinosaurs that you know of that have been reported
>on this year, please send message about them via E-mail.
>
>Also:  Tyrannosaurus found in Saskatchewan, Canada
>       giant Camarasaurus in Colorado

Pelecanimimus polyodon is from:

Pe'rez-Moreno, B.P., J.L. Sanz, A.D. Buscalioni, J.J. Moratalla, F. Ortega,
and D. Rasskin-Gutman.  1994.  A unique multitoothed ornithomimosaur
dinosaur from the Lower Cretaceous of Spain.  Nature 370: 363-366.

It just came out today, so it will be awhile before some institutions (like
the USGS, dammit!) get their copies.

I'll get the info on the others tomorrow or Monday.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist in Exile
U.S. Geological Survey
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy