Re: possible FAQs

Oops, forgot about this bit:

> > * How big were they?

>Of the theropods, Tyrannosaurus was probably the heaviest at
>around 5-7 tons, but some others may have been longer.

Actually,there is an Argentine theropod which looks like it will turn out
to be even more massive than Tyrannosaurus.  Its femur (if memory serves)
is about 6cm longer than that of Sue.  From my own work, it appears that
femoral length scales pretty closely with mass, so it would suggest that
this unnamed form is somewhat larger than the largest good specimen of a
tyrannosaurid.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist in Exile
U.S. Geological Survey