Meters vs. Feet

>  > >That is, about 3.5 ft.

>  > Current U.S.G.S. policy is to use metric.  :-)

> But seriously, the main reason I noted the conversions is
> that the FAQ is to be aimed at beginners, who, in the USA,
> are not likely to be very familiar with metric.

I know that there probably aren't that many non-Americans on the list,
and I can handle both, but I would like to suggest that both metric and ...
what do you *call*that measurement? Imperial? Anyway, that both feet and meters
be used. :-)

Thanks
Mike

--
Mike Hoffmann - Internet Administrator, Siemens-Nixdorf AG, SNI AP 1133
INTERNET: Mike.Hoffmann@mch.sni.de