Mosasaur info

First a note on the faq. I have been following the development of this list
and would like to commend the respondents for providing a level of information
that is intriguing and satisfying, but not overwhelming to "out of field"
readers (lurkers) like myself.

That said, I have some specific information requests. There is a river bed
near my home (Dallas, Tx) which frequently yields (reputedly) mosasaur fossils.
I would like to expand my limited knowlege with some good general descriptions;
taxonomic information; specific identifying characteristics; relevant geologic
information and descriptions of other creatures/plants likely to be found
accompanying mosasaurs.