Re: big crocs

 From: tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov

 > Since crocs have a considerably different life style than coelurosaurs,
 > there is probably a lot more than differences in pineal glands responsible
 > for differential survival.

For one thing, by that time crocs had evolved into the semi-aquatic
beasts we know and love today (the only major group left was the
Eucrocodylia - the modern crocs - the terrestrial crocs were long
since gone).  [Note, the modern *genus* Crocodylus already existed
at that time, that is how modern crocs were already].

Troodon, and all of the other small theropods, were fully terrestrial
animals.

The peace of God be with you.