Dynamosaurus vs Tyrannosaurus

The perennial debate over the name Apatoaurus vs Brontosaurus prompts
me to inquire about the validity of Tyrannosaurus. In Horner's
_The Complete T. Rex_ on pp 64-65 is a listing of "The Eleven and
Only T. Rexes." The first listing is for an animal discovered by
Dr. Henry Fairfield Osborn, in 1900, which Osborn named
"Dynamosaurus imperiosus." In 1902, Osborn discovered another animal
which he apparently named "Tyrannosaurus rex." If Dynamosaurus and
Tyrannosaurus are really the same species, shouldn't the former name
have precedence over the latter? (Personally, I think if William
Shakespeare had been a paleontologist, he would comment: "What's in
a name? That which we call Apatosaurus by any other name would be
a thunder lizard.")

----- Amado Narvaez
      anarvaez@umd5.umd.edu