CD-ROM

 I checked the CD-ROM I mentioned, as promised. It is:
DINOSAURS! THE MULTIMEDIA ENCYCLOPEDIA, by Media Design Interactive
In comparison to MICROSOFT DINOSAURS, they both have their good and bad points,
so it's a toss-up.
Are any other dinosaur CD-ROM's available?

>I was recently given a chunk of what appears to be amber or hard rosin
>measuring about 10 cm by 5 cm by 3cm. Does anyone have any suggestions
>on how I might identify it? I thought that someone in this group might
>have knowledge on this.
>Casey Burns

Get yourself a rock-hunter's kit (scratch needle, scratch pad, magnifying glass,
etc.). It should come with instructions on how to use it. Then look up the
hardness, color, etc. of amber in any rock-hunter's guide or encyclopedia. Then
take it to a rock club or museum or college for a (2nd) professional opinion  :)

 I'm surprised that nobody offered any comments on my report of black-market
T.rex pieces. Is it a taboo subject? Does everybody have a piece of the "rock"
except me?  :)

Scott Horton
Geophysicist/Computer Programmer