Re: predators for large animals?

>Of course, predators in general do not go after healthy adults, >anyway.

Right!  In fact "man" is the only predator I can think of that seems bent on
taking the biggest, baddest alpha male out of the population.  Got to have
that trophy on the wall don't you know.  Most predetors are opportunist,
going after the old, the young, the sick and lame.  Some African antelopes
make high stiff legged bouncing jumps when fleeing from lions or cheetahs, to
signal that they are too fast and agile to be considered as prey.  I'm sure
there are other examples too.

Bill Hunt  -  Frustrated Marine Biologist  -  Happy Artist
2780 Chaparral Lane
Paso Robles,  CA  93446     -    805-237-0733
E-Mail   WillSculpt@aol.com