Re: tails for defense

I understand that there is new evidence that Stegosaurus tail spikes were
mounted (grown) on the side of the tail at about 15 degrees above horizontal,
rather than the 45 degree angle seen in most illustrations and
reconstructions.  Makes sense, a horizontal sweep of the tail would be most
effective with spikes mounted at a low angle

Apologies for multiple postings of my last message;  when it didn't appear in
a timely manner the first time I tried it again.  I'm new to the internet,
still figuring out the mechanics.  I don't want to clutter this board either.

Bill Hunt  -  Frustrated Marine Biologist  -  Happy Artist
2780 Chaparral Lane
Paso Robles,  CA  93446     -    805-237-0733
E-Mail   WillSculpt@aol.com