>From: "Bonnie Blackwell, x 3332" <bonn@qcvaxa.acc.qc.edu>
To: dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu
Subject: palynology conference

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 1994 23:51:18 NST
>From: dnichols@gdsvr1.cr.usgs.gov (Doug Nichols)
To: bonn@qcvaxa.acc.qc.edu
Subject: Announcement of IX IPC

NINTH INTERNATIONAL PALYNOLOGIC CONGRESS

     HOUSTON, TEXAS  22-29 June 1996

     Organized by the International Federation of Palynological Societies and
the American Association of Stratigraphic Palynologists.
-------
The following is an abbreviated version of the First Circular.
If you have not already responded and want to receive the 2nd Circular,
please respond by e-
mail using the form at the end.
-------

The Ninth IPC meeting will be held at the JW Marriot Hotel in Houston,
Texas, USA, 22-29 June, 1996.  Symposia topics and field trips for the 9th
IPC are in the planning stages. There will be a maximum of 700 oral
presentations. There will also be space for 250-300 posters. More details
will be provided in the 2nd IPC Circular.
     We encourage individuals to consider organizing a symposium, and/or
presenting a technical paper on a research topic covered by one of the
fields listed below.
Aerobiology & Medical Palynology
Computers, Data Storage, & Statistical Methods
Ecology & Paleoenvironmental Reconstruction
Entomopalynology & Archaeological Palynology
Marine Palynology
Melissopalynology & Forensic Palynology
Morphology & Genetics
New Frontiers & Applications in Palynology
Palynomorph Preparation Techniques
Palynomorph Sampling
Palynostratigraphy & Sequence Stratigraphy
Pre-Quaternary & Quaternary Studies
Systematics, Ontogeny, & Evolution
TEM & SEM Applications in Palynology
Teaching & Professional Training

Individuals wishing to organize symposia should contact either:
Vaughn Bryant vbryant@tamu.edu
     Phone: 409-845-5242; FAX: 409-845-4070 or
John Wrenn glwrenn@lsuvm.sncc.lsu.edu
     Phone: 504-388-4683: FAX: 504-388-2302

Estimated Registration fee: $325  (students $150)
Fee includes meeting registration, copies of the 9th IPC Proceedings Volume
and World Directory of Palynologists, 2nd edition. Lodging, short courses, &
field trips are additional.

RESPONSE FORM

Return this form by January 31, 1995
to receive the 2nd Circular.

Name_________________________________

Address______________________________
       ______________________________
       ______________________________

I am hoping to present:
an oral presentation ___   or poster ___
 (tentative subject or title)

RETURN THIS FORM

by fax or e-mail to:
D. J.  Nichols
U. S. Geological Survey FAX : 303-236-5690
Internet: dnichols@greenwood.cr.usgs.gov

Bonnie Blackwell,                               bonn@qcvaxa.acc.qc.edu
Dept of Geology,                                (718) 997-3332
Queens College, City University of New York,    fax:  997-3349
Flushing, NY 11367-1597