Re: Antarctic prosauropod

>All information I have seen about Dr. Hammer's Cryolophosaurus discovery on
>Mt. Kirkpatrick in Antarctica indicates that the predator was found in
>association with the bones of a prosauropod. In fact, several accounts stated
>that there was some evidence that the predator may have choked to death on
>bones lodged in its throat.
>   Whatever the cause of death, the information indicated that prosauropod
>remains were uncovered. But I have never seen a word about these remains
>other than that they were found with Cryolophosaurus.
>   Does anyone out there have an material about the additional discovery, or
>any info about the nannofossil material uncovered from the claystone in the
>same strata.

I don't know about the nannos from locality, but I'm sure they're looking
into them.

There has not been much published on the prosauropod, beyond the limb
elements published in the Cryolophosaurus article in Science.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy
MS 970 National Center