Administrivia again

Sorry to clutter the list with this, but this *might* be of general
interest.

Russ Jacobson writes:

>I could not help but respond to your post. I hope that was not my own
>space. I was gone for 2.5 weeks on vacation but wanted to have the mail
>from the list when I got back I found roughly 150 plus messages from the
>list, but had no indication my mailbox "filled up".

I've never had this problem myself, but I strongly suspect that the
person in question has been or will be notified of the problem.  This
isn't something I think users should generally be worried about.  I
suspect that the person in question is an undergraduate who's gone
home for the summer.

>Anyway would you rather we "unsubscribe" while gone?

As long as mail doesn't keep bouncing back to me, I have no preference
whatsoever for what you do when you're on vacation.  (So far as I
know, no mail has bounced from you because of this in the past, Russ.)
However, if you want to prevent mail from coming in so that you don't
have to wade through it all when you get back, you have two options:

1) you can unsubscribe before you leave and then resubscribe when you
get back.

2) you can send the command:

set dinosaur mail postpone

before you leave and:

set dinosaur mail ack

when you get back.  In each case, the command should go in the body of
a message to listproc@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu.  Since I'm going
through all of this I should also tell you that if you find the
previous address difficult to remember, you can instead send commands
to:

listserv@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu

or to:

dinosaur-request@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu

Both of those addresses are aliased to listproc.  I've resisted
spreading that information around because I didn't want to confuse
people.  However, it occurs to me that some people might find it
easier to remember one or the other of the addresses.