plesiosaur's eye in the sky

Not being a dino expert, just an ethusiast, I'm not sure that this
information is correct...but I read it somewhere.

The author, whom I can not remember, indicated that plesiosaurs would cruise
along at the surface of the water with their necks sticking up high.  From
this vantage point they could spot schools of fish much easier than if they
swam around looking for them underwater.  When they arrived at a school they
could then plunge their head into the water to grab a tasty treat.

Like I said before, I'm not sure if this is an excepted behavioral
possibility or one persons fancy.  Perhaps the experts could tell us
(please).

(no profound or catchy closing statement)   Stew