Re: Utahraptor and Size

>> My assumption has always been that the JP "Velociraptors" WERE
Deinonychus,
>> following Greg Paul's lumping of the two genera.  I also understand that
one
>> reason for the large size of the JP raptors was to provide a costume into

>> which a human operator could fit.
>
>Duh. I thought the V. were to be and were computer-generated? Meaning
totally
>and completely without ever using models. (which was what made the JP FX
>so special and novel).
>
>Mike

Duh. The V. were _not_ computer generated, the Gallamimus (sp? Way off, I'm
sure) were computer generated. The scenes with the V. were done with
miniatures and men in suits. I thought the realism of the dinosaurs in JP
made the movie so special, for a change the dino's were not Roger Corman
lizards with spines glued on running in front of a postcard! Whether or not
JP's movie plot was thin, the effects _were_ amazing.

Christopher Zguris
czguris@mcimail.com