Re: Utahraptor and Size

> > My assumption has always been that the JP "Velociraptors" WERE Deinonychus,
> > following Greg Paul's lumping of the two genera.  I also understand that
> > one
> > reason for the large size of the JP raptors was to provide a costume into
> > which a human operator could fit.
>
> Duh. I thought the V. were to be and were computer-generated? Meaning totally
> and completely without ever using models. (which was what made the JP FX
> so special and novel).

 Duh (so how do you like it??). Lots of models and puppets were used with
the CG, including human-inside "costumes".

The reason they swelled up the velcriptator was inlarged was to make them
"scary" (I think I'd be afraid of a velcriptator normal size!).

I think only Mr. Paul lumps vel. and dein., and he's an artist, not a
paleontologist.

Sherry Michael                         "The scientific point of view is
Philadelphia Academy of                 that every phenomenon is in
Natural Sciences                        nature and part of it"
Dino Docent/teacher                                   -Albert Kroeber