Re: Dilophosaurus and JP, etc.

According to LyleB44641@aol.com:
.. but venom-spitting is a reasonable possibility, too.

I don't think it is. I mean, the teeth and jaw really do not show any
poison modifications. Like hollow teeth, room for poison sacks, ridges on
teeth like gilla monsters, etc. Look at how specialized most
venom-producing animals are. Not so in this animal.

The jaw of dilophosaurus is strong enough. I don't think the "weak jaw"
comments were musings, not serious theories.
Sherry Michael                         "The scientific point of view is
Philadelphia Academy of                 that every phenomenon is in
Natural Sciences                        nature and part of it"
Dino Docent/teacher                                   -Albert Kroeber