Re: more dinosaur extinction stuff

Jean-Jacques Jaeger kindly pointed out to me that I am simply
incorrect to claim that the ichthyosaurs went extinct at the K-T;
they went extinct long before that, as any textbook would have told
me. I apologize for this instance of sloppy scholarship. Also, I want
to emphasize that I'm not trying to quash ALL discussion of the K-T
just because I'm skeptical about this mechanism or that mechanism;
I'm just hoping to guide the discussion towards answerable questions
(e.g., was the extinction rapid? which groups suffered the most?), as
opposed to unanswerable ones (e.g., what EXACT anatomical feature
caused this or that group to go extinct?).