Floods Yield Fossil Find

   It's amazing what (and more so where) you hear things from. The
following is from the June 1994 Trailer Life, pg 21.

    Last year's calamitous Midwest floods unearthed an extraordinary
three-acre fossil bed below Coralville Dan in southestern Iowa. So
unusual is the display of Middle Devonian-period bedrock ("a fossilized
snapshot of the ocean floor 375 million years ago") that tens of
thousands of people have come to see it. Situated below the dam, where a
road and campsite used to be, the fossil site is on land managed by the
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

  Yeh, I know is OOP (out of period), but it still sounds neat.

   Ralph

Ralph Lindberg N7BSN                     More hobbies than time
Ellen Winnie N7PYK                       Just because I'm not doing anything
email => dragonsl@connected.com          doesn't mean I have nothing to do.
Members SCA, REI, ARRL, AMSAT, PS Lacemakers, NW Microwave, KCFMS, CS-VHF,
Good Sams, RPI and Kitsap ARES