school activities

I have been looking for some unique school activities for middle school
and/or high school students involving the types and processes of
fossilization.  There are a few activities that one can find in just about
every earth science text (ie. casts and molds), but I would like to find
something a little more original.  If anyone has any suggestions I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.   Randy Gilbert  (new subscriber)
                     n9341638@henson.cc.wwu.edu