the start

There has been so much talk on this list lately of how the dinosaurs came
to their sorry end I was wondering if anyone would take a minute to
explain to me where it all began for dinosaurs. Was there a bunch of
little lizards of various types that just got so competitive that only the
bigger and bigger and bigger survived? Were these little lizards (if there
were any) some kind of fish turned land animal? Or did the dinosaurs
develop first in the water and arrive on land big already? I guess my real
question is what came before the dinosaurs? Thanks for anyones help.

Gary

Gary Vatnsdal                        Red River Community College
(204) 632-2332                       2055 Notre Dame Avenue
RRLGARY@CC.UMANITOBA.CA             Winnipeg, Manitoba
FAX (204) 697-4791                   Canada  R3H 0J9