Re: my son wants to be a paleontologist

My attempts to e-mail to the Rowe's keeps bouncing from here.
I hope this gets through, sigh.

-------------------------------

I might be able to help a little.

Hmm, books for 5 year olds.  That is a tough one.  I am not
a very good judge of the appropriate level of detail for that
age.  But I can give you some rules of thumb for rejecting
hopelessly out of date books.

 - if the book shows "brontosaurus" and its relatives hip-deep
   in water it is out of date.

 - if the book shows bipedal (two-legged) dinosaurs dragging
   their tail on the ground, except when eating leaves high in
   a tree, it is *seriously* out of date.

 - most carnivorous dinosaurs had some sort of subtle decorative
   bumps and/or ridges on their head, so pictures of carnivorous
   dinosaurs with smooth heads are slightly out of date.
   [There is more excuse for missung this than the previous two].

The peace of God be with you.

----- End Included Message -----

The peace of God be with you.