Re: T. rex

        I just saw Holtz's post saying that Alexander's analysis of
T. rex is flawed, and I wanted to say that's actually not in conflict
with my earlier back-of-the-envelope computations because it
strengthens the claim that large theropods would probably have had no
problem running down assorted ornithschians.
        As for whether Alexander's book is a good one for general
info on dinosaur paleobiology, I have to admit I'm not a dinosaur
paleontologist, but my impression is that it's well-written, easy to
understand, and covers some interesting topics in a reasonable
manner. However, as Holtz pointed out some of the analyses are going
to be flawed or out of date. I believe it costs about $11 new.