T. rex

On Wed, 8 Jun 1994, Rafert, John wrote:

> I heard some discussion of T-Rex short arms being used as a means to hold on
> during mating. According to Horner, the arms were short but strong, able to
> lift 400 lbs.

I believe Pete Larson has estimated T. rex arm strength as being
much greater than that, more like 1200 lbs each. If his estimate
is accurate, the forelimbs would certainly be useful for holding
prey such as Edmontosaurus or Triceratops as Stan F. has suggested.

Pete also had the best specimen to study(SUE) which included:

          - The first complete T.rex shoulder girdle ever found.
          - Radius, ulna, and handbones of the front arms.
-Paul