RE; My son wants to be a palaeontologist

 There is an excelent book out at the moment called The Ultimate
Dinosaur Book.  I'm not sure of the publisher, but the book contains
many 3-D reconstructions of most of the members of the major
groups.  The reconstructions include skeletal reconstructions in most
cases and are all up-to-date.  Info on lifestyle, time periods and their
inter-relationships (phylogeny) is both up-to-date and easy to
understand.  The book also includes an alphabetic listing of all
dinosaurs found up to the early 90's.
 I hope you find this useful,

 Gabhan Pettigrew
 Sgl3GP@Cardiff.ac.UK