Re: RE; My son wants to be a palaeontologist

> There is an excelent book out at the moment called The Ultimate
>Dinosaur Book.  I'm not sure of the publisher, but the book contains
>many 3-D reconstructions of most of the members of the major
>groups.  The reconstructions include skeletal reconstructions in most
>cases and are all up-to-date.  Info on lifestyle, time periods and their
>inter-relationships (phylogeny) is both up-to-date and easy to
>understand.  The book also includes an alphabetic listing of all
>dinosaurs found up to the early 90's.
> I hope you find this useful,

An important point - there are at least TWO (2) books out by the name "The
Ultimate Dinosaur".  The one referred to above is by David Lambert, and I
agree is an excellent, fairly up-to-date reference.  It is the best source
for photos of mounted skeletons on the market.

The other Ultimate Dinosaur book that I know about is a collabaration
between paleontologists, science fiction writers, and artists.  From a
scientific point of view, it is not as good a resource, but is still
enjoyable.

Thomas R. HOLTZ
Vertebrate Paleontologist, Dept. of Geology
Phone:301-405-4084