Re: T. rex fighting

 > T.rex was most definitely a fighter.
 >  The
 > mouth and all those nasty teeth was the real business end of T.rex.  In
 > mating the mouth is used to bite down on the back of the neck to hold the
 > female, the bite was not lethal but may have drawn blood on occassion.

Much of this, particularly the last, is speculation.

We do not really *know* very much of the mating and intraspecific
competition in T. rex.

We can guess a great deal - such as that any intraspecific fighting
is likely to have been largely non-lethal, and that the horny ridges
on its head had some intraspecific display/competition purpose.

But going beyond this is questionable.

The peace of God be with you.