diamond extinction

Has anyone read the paper by Carlisle in Nature vol. 357 p119-120, on
the diamonds from the K/T boundary?  It is suggested that they have an
extraterrestrial delta C 13 signature.  It is also stated that the
values are similar to that in C2 carbonaceous chondrites concluding,
using other evidence to support, that the bolide at the end of the
Cretaceous was more likely a comet than an asteroid.  Has anyone seen
any appraisal of this research?  How much credence can we place on the
values quoted, and are there alternative interpretations??

Neil Clark
Hunterian Museum
University of Glasgow
gxha14@udcf.gla.ac.uk

PS Where did you find that Ogden Nash poem Brian?  I haven't seen that
one before.