Re: Was Godzilla a member of the T-rex family?

>>As was clearly stated in the very first Godzilla movie starring
>>Raymond Burr (the American version, at least), Godzilla is a
>>cross between a allosaur and a stegosaurus.  They even used
>>the children's book of dinosaurs I had as a kid to illustrate
>>it all.

>Actually, the scene you refer to is in 1) King Kong vs Godzilla, not the
>original, and 2) only in the American (English translation) version.

ohmygod, I've actually admitted in public that I _saw_ that movie!
Oh, I'm _so_ embarrassed.  Fortunately, both monsters died when the
humans plan 9 managed to sic a whole gardenful of killer tomatoes
on both of them.  But then Ghidrah showed up...

>>Now here's one for you.  Was King Kong a highland gorilla or
>>a lowland gorilla?
>>
>Greg Paul has named this species Gorilla konga.  Also, I'd guess its common
>name would be a kong, or an island gorilla, or maybe a MOUNTAIN gorilla (as
>in size of a, not lives in the...) :-)

He was a gorilla movius improbablus.  "Isn't it true that, while electricity
harms Godzilla it actually _strengthens_ King Kong?"  "Harumph.  Well, yes,
but we plan to have Godzilla down and the fence deactivated before Kong can
arrive."  How fast can _you_ retroactively rewrite a classic movie?  :)

Brought to you by Petrox, with James Arness as the carrot...

Larry Smith
larrys@alpha.zk3.dec.com