Humanoid dinosaurs

In relation to the 'roid, noid, droid (I think all have been used so far),
has anyone out there in cyberspace read Harry Harrison's trilogy "West of
Eden"?

Not to get into a completely off-the-subject-science-fiction-discussion, but
the premise of the book is that there wasn't a major extinction event (and I
don't even want to say what might have caused this event, with the recent
postings) at the K/T boundary.   A species of dinosaurs therefore went on to
evolve into intelligent Yillane(sp?). There are illustrations throughout the
book of these Yillane.

 As an interesting side note, these dinosaurs used only biological
technologies (i.e. gene manipulation, selective breeding).  I guess this
made them more environmentally aware, but also added the plot point that no
indication of their technology would have survived to the present if they
had indeed lived on earth.

In any case, the point I wanted to make is that the Yillane illustrations
look very much like the 'roid pictures that I have seen (other than the
Yillane retaining their tails).  I will need to go home and look at the
copyright of the trilogy, but who was first with their representation, Dale
Russell or Harry Harrison?  Next point, who had a better representation
since Mr. Harrison declined to remove the tail in favor of an ample
posterior?

Steve Showalter
skshowa@sandia.gov