Re: Religion

> [request for flame-down deleted]
> Thanks for the head-whack. I re-read what I wrote and agree it was
> a bad case of stupid flaming. It's been real muggy here lately :-)
> My apologies to Sherry. I promise to keep the tone on an even keel.

It's okay, it's finals week for me and I get alittle touchy with no sleep.
:) Sorry if my tone was less then friendly.

> Maybe he lost his cool for the same reason I did. People don't like
> being labelled "unscientific" because they advocate the impact hypothesis
> as a major contributor to the K/T extinctions.

Well, I didn't mean to say advocates are unscientific, but I think that
the blanket acceptance and advertisment of a hypothisis  as fact just because
it's the most popular one in the community is unscientific. Sorry about the
confusion. If anything, I think the ones who do not buy the hypothisis are
thought as unscientific because we go against the norm of the community. I
guess that makes me understand why that would tick you off.

 >  > Thanks to your tactful comments, maybe we can exchange our differing
> ideas in a more polite tone.

Thanks from me too. We all need to take that big breath before we hit
"send" sometimes.

Sherry Michael                         "The scientific point of view is
Philadelphia Academy of                 that every phenomenon is in
Natural Sciences                        nature and part of it"
Dino Docent/teacher                                   -Albert Kroeber