the Signor-Lipps effect

I think that I understand a little of the Signor-Lipps effect from the
context in which it has been used here, but a clear explanation of exactly
what this is might help some of us amateurs get a better understanding
of the details of the extinction arguments.

Thanks,
--

                                         Bart Singer
                                         High Technology Corp.