Re: fossils

Neil Clark <gxha14@udcf.gla.ac.uk> said:

Does anyone subscribe to other bulletin boards with a palaeontological
bent?  Are there any others?  I would like to find out more on
Ordovician through Cretaceous discussion groups.

I have looked and asked a bit and there does not seem to be a lot in the
area of soft rock.  This is actually one of the most active groups I
know about.  There are a couple of others, that I have found.  There is
a paleobotany list (which does not get many messages - but you can
usually get good responses from the list so it is read), and a micropal
(nicropaleotology list).  The latter does seem to be fairly active.  If
there is much interest in either of those I can post the subscribing
directions.  The geology newsgroups seen to be mainly interested in
igneous rocks (Sighhhh).

Let me (us) know if you find some other really live groups.

--
James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250