Re: fossils

>Neil Clark <gxha14@udcf.gla.ac.uk> said:
>
>Does anyone subscribe to other bulletin boards with a palaeontological
>bent?  Are there any others?  I would like to find out more on
>Ordovician through Cretaceous discussion groups.
>

>I have looked and asked a bit and there does not seem to be a lot in the
>area of soft rock.  This is actually one of the most active groups I
>know about.  There are a couple of others, that I have found.  There is
>a paleobotany list (which does not get many messages - but you can
>usually get good responses from the list so it is read), and a micropal
>(nicropaleotology list).  The latter does seem to be fairly active.  If
>there is much interest in either of those I can post the subscribing
>directions.  The geology newsgroups seen to be mainly interested in
>igneous rocks (Sighhhh).
>
>Let me (us) know if you find some other really live groups.

ROCKS-AND-FOSSILS on MAJORDOMO@WORLD.STD.COM

   The ROCKS-AND-FOSSILS list welcomes rockhounds and fossil enthusiasts
   world-wide.

   The list purpose is to share experiences and information on rocks,
   minerals,fossils, paleontology, archeology, and prehistoric anthropology.
   List members exchange information on articles of interest, rock and
   fossil collection sites, current legislation regarding fossil
   collection, shows and exhibits, publications, or where to find
   material of interest on the internet.

   Members may also wish to publish messages about local group meetings,
   or arrange for rock or fossil exchanges.

   Note: This list was previously on an MIT listserver.

   To subscribe to ROCKS-AND-FOSSILS, send the following command to
   MAJORDOMO@WORLD.STD.COM in the BODY of e-mail:

      SUBSCRIBE ROCKS-AND-FOSSILS

   Owner: Sharon Shea <SSHEA@WORLD.STD.COM>