Breakup of Pangaea

Regarding dinosaur extinctions, I haven't seen much reference to the
effects of continental drift and the breakup of Pangaea as a possible
influence on dinosaur survival.  By the end of the Cretaceous, Pangaea
was coming apart, as I understand it, and it appears from maps I've
seen that North America was headed from the north temperate zone
from a previous position in the tropics.  Is this an accurate
impression, or am I all wet?  (I am strictly an interested amateur
in all this.)  It seems to me that there would have been a drastic
climatic change as a result of all this.

Larry Lynch