Re: Extinction (was:Religion)

If there was a major land plant extinction in North America but
nowhere else, that at least suggests that we need to look for
a North American cause. Chicxulub fits that criterion nicely,
though of course it's possible that something weird happened to
North American plant life that was separate from the other K-T
extinctions. On the other hand, I'd be very surprised if the
Deccan Traps managed to wipe out many plants in North America
without having a similar effect in India.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr.uucp@murphy.com
New York, NY