RE: Early Dinosaur Cladistics

 ----------
From: dinosaur
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Early Dinosaur Cladistics
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 1994 11:05AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 1994, Scott wrote:

>   I know that sauropods (family Saurischia) are not supposed to be closely
> related to Stegosaurs and Ankylosaurs (family Ornithiscia), but there
seems
> to be an uncomfortably large number of convergent evolutionary features in
> dinosaurs!
>
> Scott Horton
> Geophysicist/Computer Programmer

You too! For some time I have considered a Sauropod-Thyreophoran link.
This is the clade I have come up with...please send any comments.

birds  theropods  segnosaurs  sauropods  thyreophora  ornithiscians
  |        |          |           |           |            |
  |________|          ?           |           |            |
       |                          |           |            |
       |         prosauropods     |           |            |

This of course is only my guess.  However it does assist me in undestanding
segnosaur relations and the reasons sauropods developed in lines similar to
the Thyreophorans.

Could someone help me with the defination of "Thyrephorans"?
THNX....JR

 ---John Schneiderman <dino@cwis.unomaha.edu>