Re: ALLOSAURUS TAIL

From: Javier Dimas <jdimas@halcyon.com>

 > I am a little curious, could it be that one of the two mounts may be an
 > error in the size of the tails? I seem to recall that that has happened in
 > other mounts. Just a thought from a very novice Dino buff.

Oh, very easily - the tail is a part of the skeleton that is almost
always incomplete.    Museum mounts often try to "complete" the
tail in preparing the display.  If no complete tail of the species
is known anywhere, this is largely guess-work.  (Often they use
bits from other specimens, or use repeated plaster casts of the
bones they have).

A *good* museum will make sure the reconstructed pieces are a
different color than the originals.

The peace of God be with you.