Re: dinosaur copulation?

> Does anyone have any detailed information on dinosaur copulation?
> I have a friend researching this for a book and she wants a detailed
> description on how dinosaurs mated.

Very cautiously.

Or maybe not. I recall that one hadrosaur skeleton showed a healed vertebra
near the hip. Speculation was that it may have been broken during mating.

It is hard to imagine how the larger genera, such as Brachiosaurus or Seismo-
saurus, could have mated without crushing the female's spine. Is it possible
that the eggs were laid first, and then fertilized, similar to what fish do?

Scott Horton
Geophysicist/Computer Programmer