Re: dinosaur copulation?

I know it is very dangerous to make comparisons of this kind,
but I once saw a special on PBS that showed how whales mate.

It was pretty risky filming this (no idea why the whales didn't
just buzz off for privacy, but at least we found out how).

Basically, the whales swim side by side and the male's member
curves.  This isn't exactly how people do it, to say the least;
penetration into the female seems quite limited, but it is
obviously sufficient, 'cause there are still whales.

Don't know if the dinos could or did do something similar, but
we don't need to necessarily assume that they mounted the way
horses or pigs do.

Larry W. Loen (lwloen@rchland.vnet.ibm.com)
Department 52P
IBM   Rochester, Minnesota