[no subject]

Agreed.

 > (Was T. rex the _only_
 > carnivore of its milieu that didn't hunt in packs?)

We don't know that it didn't.  Not do we know that anything else
at that time did.

In fact, strictly speaking we do not know that Triceratops and
Edmontosaurus were herd animals - but there we know for sure that
some of their close relatives were *and* that they were the two
most common species of the time, so the conclusion that they were
herd animals is a good bet at this time.

As far as the carnivores of that time are concerned, they are
all known from too few specimens to draw any real conclusions
about pack hunting.  (In fact the contemporary troodontids are
mainly known from *shed* *teeth*, not bones, so we know little
about them).

The peace of God be with you.