missing La Rioja specimens

This is the sort of posting I'd rather not have to make, but needs to be
done.  Please keep a look out for the specimens discussed below:

"Dr. Guillermo Ottone and Dr. Hector Leanza of the Associacion
Paleontologica Argentina have notified officers of the IPA of theft of type
specimens of dinosaurs [and therapsids: TRH] and cases in January 1994 from
the National University of La Rioja, Argentina.

1 case of a skull and 56 vertebrae of Riojasaurus insertus Bonaparte

Holotypes of Probelesodon lewisi Romer, P. minor Romer, and Probainognathus
jensoni Romer.

They would appreciate receiving any information about these specimens."

Its a real long shot, but there always is a chance that someone on the list
might see these specimens.  They were almost certainly stolen for a specific
buyer, so its very likely they will never be found again.  If you do see
anything like these on sale at a geo auction or elsewhere, please contact
someone.  The address for Ottone and Leanza is :
Universidad de La Rioja
Av. Ortiz de Ocampo 1700
La Rioja 5300
Argentina

Unfortunately, I don't have their fax or phone numbers.  Also, I'm not
certain, but I would imagine that their presence outside of Argentina would
technically be smuggling, so the appropriate legal authorities should be
called in.

Good luck.  I realize there is little chance of recovery, but we can all
keep our eyes and ears open.  Thank you for your time.

Thomas R. HOLTZ
Vertebrate Paleontologist, Dept. of Geology
Phone:301-405-4084