E-mail suggestion

I suggest we alter the "Reply-To:" line in the e-mail header to
dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu instead of reflecting the originator's
e-mail address as it does currently. I have two reasons:

1) Unless the author specifically writes a person's name in a greeting of
some sort, it is impossible to tell if the e-mail was personal
correspondence or a general message sent to the listserv and then
distributed to everyone on the list. Knowing the difference can be useful.

2) In the current system, responses to queries go to the originator and
not to the listserv. Assuming the question is of general interest, I
would enjoy reading such responses. We currently depend on everyone to
send their response to the dinosaur listserv for everyone's benefit.
Changing the "Reply-To:" line to dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu would
make this more automatic.

How does everyone else feel about this?

--
 Douglas E. Goudie                  To know all things is not permitted.