Dilophosaurus

>Ummmm...are snakes "close" relatives of varanoid lizard?

>Just checking.

>Mickey

According to the text "Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution" by
Robert Carroll (1988), snakes and varanoid lizards may have had
a common immediate ancestor...which as we <should> know makes them
"sister" groups, and not anagentic groups.  You were right Mickey...
I should have stated that "snakes and varanoid lizards have forked
tongues".  I have spoken with a forked tongue.
                                      <pb>
by the way, there should be another "e" in "anagenetic".