Re: comet impact

>Chicxulub is home to a buried crater more than 100 miles wide that could have
>been formed by a blast with the explosive power of 100 to 300 megatons of TNT.

I believe the Chicxulub impact force should read more like 200 _MILLION_
megatons of TNT. I haven't done the calculation to come up with the correct
number of zeroes, but 200 megatons definitely does not sound right. The United
States (or was it the Soviet Union?) once exploded a hydrogen bomb the
equivalent of 200 megatons of TNT. If it left a crater 100 miles wide somewhere,
then this is the biggest government coverup of all time!

Scott Horton
Geophysicist/Computer Programmer