Deinonychus

>Maniraptora is a clade defined as "birds and all dinosaurs sharing a more
>recent common ancestor with birds than with ornithomimosaurs".  From my
>recent analysis, maniraptorans are restricted to birds and dromaeosaurids
>(like Velociraptor and Deinonychus).

Excuse a beginner's question, please:

Is Deinonychus a 'live' genus name again?  I was under the impression that
we lost it when D. antirrhopus became Velociraptor antirrhopus. Is there
another species that's still under Deinonychus?

--
raphael@indirect.com    |    "Gender is a cult." -- Kate Bornstein
Sonnets on Science, my PGP key, and Androgyny RAQ (finally up)</a>