Theropods (carnivorous dino

Theropods (carnivorous dinosaurs)
>From the Desk of Chrysalis
Okay, perhaps I am missing something but this is what seems odd to me.

Theropods (carnivorous dinosaurs) - this says to me Theropods and all further
subdivisions of them are carnivorous. Is this an appropriate way to break
down groups?

What I mean is aren't there living groups where some sub-groups are
herbivours and some are not (various forms of lizards come to mind)?

Maybe I'm just not remembering my (long neglected) phylogeny correctly.

-Chris