Re: Cryolophosaurus

>Can anyone offer a good description of Cryolophosaurus. I'm particularly
>interested in the crest structure, number of digits on manus, size of the
>arms, body build type, structure of skull and such. Since it was early
>Jurassic material, is it megalosaurian in nature?

Cryolophosaurus ellioti is a member of the Allosauroidea, although if it's
an allosaurid or a sinraptorid (like Sinraptor and Yangchuanosaurus) is
still being debated.  Only preliminary descriptions of it are now
available, but I've seen better drawings which indicate a more complete
osteological description of the beast is in preparation or press as we
speak, er, type.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy