News group

Folks

        I had intended to post this, but it looks like I hit the wrong key.
I am interested in getting some serious paleo newsgroups so I decided to
pass it on.

> >So, let's avoid any further unpleasantness and use palaeo from
> >now on.
> >
> >--- Derek

Erick said. > Flame on!
> BUZZZZZ! Wrong answer Derek. _I_ say it's spelled "paleo".
> Flame off! ;-)
He can't help it he is probably British.

Some of the newsgroups do have little garbage. Bionet is especially good
(but I think they have a structure that allows encouragement of
substantive posts).  But I also read sci.bio.ethology? and sci.bio.herp
and both have a comparatively little noise.  I think there is a need
for a paleo subgroup under bio or sci. I think dinosaurs should be made
an initial group under that.  The dinosaur group is about the only
active paleontological group I have found.  There is a palaeobotany
list, and it is read but you may go for weeks without a post. Still some
of the fossil folks may begin to look for groups.  I think the need is
there and putting an active dinosaur group in a larger heading would
help in their formation.
--
James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250